Best ways to help employees manage stress, anxiety, and support mental health

• Community ManagerCommunity Manager
    Community Manager

What are some of the ways your organization helps employees manage stress, anxiety, and support mental health?

April 21, 2022 at 17:12
    • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
      Member since Apr 2022

We are in the process of hiring an external organization to come in and evaluate staff and their needs/expectations/current state regarding mental health. It was felt an objective party would produce the most honest and tangible results. From that, a support program will be created and implemented. They will work hand in hand with our internal Mental Health Promotion Team so that these efforts can be ongoing.

May 10, 2022 at 13:52
      • Jane YanJane Yan
        Member since Sep 2022

Some my ex employer(s) offer employee assistance plan

September 15, 2022 at 17:47
        • Stacey Wood PCPStacey Wood PCP
          Advocates Council

Our company really listened to staff & implemented a free counselling service for any who wanted to make use of it, “wellness days” which could be used at the employee’s discretion as a paid day off, flexibility in scheduling to a great degree, work from home options. Oh & our EAP through our benefits, which we’ve always had available.

September 19, 2022 at 12:09
          • Anonymous

My company offer free consultation for mental health.

September 20, 2022 at 21:37
            • Martina Heine, PLPMartina Heine, PLP
              Member since Sep 2022

My organization pays for an Employee Family Assistance Program and encourages everyone to utilize it with friendly reminders on our app and in meetings.

October 3, 2022 at 12:16
              • Mathew perryMathew perry
                Member since Mar 2023

Maintaining a friendly vibe in the office and conducting entertainment programs will be helpful. The company could offer free consultations for mental health.

March 29, 2023 at 00:23
                • Trina Anderson, PCPTrina Anderson, PCP
                  Member since Aug 2022

Our company offers an EAP.

June 13, 2023 at 21:59
                  • Brinda LapsiwalaBrinda Lapsiwala
                    Member since Jun 2023

My company provide many benefits and services for EAP, flexibility in work hours and opportunity to work from home as well.

June 15, 2023 at 15:32
                    • Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
                      Advocates Council

We offer an EAP program. However, I am noticing more and more benefit plans are switching from having counselling as apart of their package and only offering EAP. I have had a number of employees, family and friends concerned because they can no longer afford to see the therapist they have a relationship with and have been seeing for years.

November 23, 2023 at 09:45
                        • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
                          Member since Apr 2022

We have an EAP as well but the counselling part of it is not sufficient enough for any ongoing needs. Usually you only get a couple hours at most and it will deal with very specific things, like death in the family or divorce, and not more significant needs. Thankfully we still have mental health coverage (not enough but some is better than nothing). It would be unfortunate if organizations move more towards this as an option for mental health coverage.

November 23, 2023 at 12:00
                        • The topic ‘Best ways to help employees manage stress, anxiety, and support mental health’ is closed to new replies.