US and Canadian Payroll

• Michelle WongMichelle Wong
    Member since Jun 2022

Hi! For those that process both US and Canadian payroll, can you please let me know what software you’re using? I’m wondering if people are using the same payroll provider for both payrolls or not.

Thanks!

July 25, 2023 at 13:24
    • Leanna BombaLeanna Bomba
      Member since Sep 2022

Currently we process payroll for both Canada and the US, in Canada we are using Ceridian Power Pay and in the US we use ADP Workforce Now. We are not able to add the Canadian payroll to the US ADP platform but may be looking at using ADP Canada for our Canadian employees in the future.

July 27, 2023 at 14:09
      • Debbie DykstraDebbie Dykstra
        Member since Sep 2022

At one of my previous employers, we were using PeopleSoft for both US and Canada and at my other employer we used Workday for Canada and ADP for the US. I would also mention that for PeopleSoft we had large numbers of ees in both countries, but for ADP we had very small numbers in the US (approx 60) compared to Canada (100k).

ADP was working well for the US payroll team.
          I wasn’t involved as much on the US side for PeopleSoft but the company used the software for many years so I don’t think it was too bad.

July 27, 2023 at 14:09
        • Laura KellLaura Kell
          Member since Apr 2022

In a previous life, ADP Workforce Now was used for both Canada and the US, but they were totally separate platforms. At my current employer, we use Rise People for Canada and ADP WFN for the US.

July 27, 2023 at 14:19
              Member since Jun 2022

Hi Laura,
                How do you find using Rise People for payroll?

July 27, 2023 at 20:08
                • Laura KellLaura Kell
                  Member since Apr 2022

Sorry for the delay in response, Michelle & Amy.

I really like the Rise platform. I’ve been using it since 2020 and the improvements and offerings have been impressive. The support team is very responsive and is open to suggestions for improvement.

They offer full HRIS, timekeeping, hiring, onboarding, payroll and benefits. From the demo of the benefits module, it looks like a good product that says so much admin work on calculating and reconciling benefits from providers outside of the platform. We “may” be going to that in the near future and I’m looking forward to that.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

August 29, 2023 at 08:29
                • Amy PhillipsAmy Phillips
                  Member since Jun 2022

Hi Laura,
                    I’d also like to hear how you find using Rise People 🙂

August 3, 2023 at 11:44
                • Rosalita O'NeillRosalita O’Neill
                  Member since Sep 2022

I use UKG Pro to process Canada/US payrolls. Works great.

July 27, 2023 at 15:08
                  • Iuliana CatrinescuIuliana Catrinescu
                    Member since Jun 2022

Hi
                      We currently use Ceridian Dayforce to process payroll for both Canada and the US. Where I previously worked, I used Workday and ADP Workforce Now.

July 27, 2023 at 15:08
                    • Joy SaltersJoy Salters
                      Member since Sep 2022

We currently process payroll in house for both the US and Canada on Workday.

July 27, 2023 at 15:10
                        Member since Jun 2022

Thanks everyone for your input. I should have also asked how many employees you have on each payroll and whether anyone integrates with an HRIS / HCM system and if so, which one?

July 27, 2023 at 16:32
                        • Harman Dhatt PCPHarman Dhatt PCP
                          Member since Sep 2022

I used ADP Workforce Now for Canadian and US employees with my previous employer.

August 2, 2023 at 17:17
                          • Zvi VaxmanZvi Vaxman
                            Member since Oct 2023

quicken I use

November 18, 2023 at 10:22
                            • The topic ‘US and Canadian Payroll’ is closed to new replies.