Strategies for retaining top talent and increasing employee retention

• Community ManagerCommunity Manager
    Community Manager

Having learned that 1 in 3 new hires leaves within the first 6 months, what do you think are the main reasons for this and what HR strategies would help to increase employee retention and reduce turnover?

August 1, 2023 at 13:28
    • Michelle HarrisMichelle Harris
      Member since Sep 2022

We have been struggling in a few areas to attract workforce. Specifically building officials and SCADA Tech’s. We offer an amazing benefits package, remote work options and flex schedules. Unfortunately, with high rents, minimal vacancies it does make it hard to attract those individuals. I think having a warm and welcoming place to work with like minded co-workers always helps!!

August 4, 2023 at 11:03
      • Nancy McCulloughNancy McCullough
        Member since Aug 2023

I think it would help if the employer can help the employee on their individual journey to wherever their goal might be,. I am a business owner and am never able to retain anyone, but it’s not about money, training, time, effort, work, style, coworkers or place. I really think we are a stepping stone and nothing more. We’ve grasped that idea and work to help the employee to be the best candidate for their specific goal

August 6, 2023 at 13:29
        • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
          Member since Apr 2022

I think that when expectations are unclear or misaligned it can lead to miscommunication and dissatisfaction very quickly. It is important for HR and Management to be very clear about the expectations for the role, the team, and the organization immediately, so that new hire can perform accordingly. In the first 6 months, regular feedback is also necessary to clarify expectations, offer redirection and support.

August 8, 2023 at 09:40
          • Neetu DaneNeetu Dane
            Member since Sep 2022

Michelle, can you share what your amazing benefits cover and what your benefits strategy is and how you are competing with your niche competitors?
              “We offer an amazing benefits package”

August 23, 2023 at 13:53
            • The topic ‘Strategies for retaining top talent and increasing employee retention’ is closed to new replies.