Staff Layoffs

• Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
    Member since Apr 2022

Layoffs can be a very daunting, stressful, and tumultuous time for an organization, for those being laid off, and for those that remain. If your organization has experienced staff layoffs, what advice would you have for best supporting staff and management throughout the process?

September 18, 2023 at 10:47
    • Maureen Niittynen, PCPMaureen Niittynen, PCP
      Advocates Council

I have experienced a mass layoff. Our organization was transparent throughout the process and offered EAP services to those that were laid off and for those that remained. For the employees that were laid off the organization retained an employment service to help with resume writing and job seeking strategies. A project plan had clearly been mapped out and communication occurred throughout the process. My best advice would be to utilize the services being offered, remain transparent throughout the process and be prepared for any questions that may occur. Checking in with supporting staff and management is key as it is just as stressful for those that remain as it is for those that have been laid off.

September 21, 2023 at 15:01
        • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
          Member since Apr 2022

Thanks for your feedback. Transparency and support are so important. And I like your comment about checking in with management as well because it can be very stressful and difficult for them too.

September 25, 2023 at 08:47
        • Lina VaxmanLina Vaxman
          Member since Oct 2023

just hear to read up on this

November 27, 2023 at 19:52
          • The topic ‘Staff Layoffs’ is closed to new replies.