Payroll/HR career

• Anonymous

Why did you choose payroll or HR as a career?

May 26, 2023 at 20:06
    • Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
      Advocates Council

Love this question Marsida!

My answer would be two fold, I truly enjoy learning and educating. Payroll is ever changing and there is a need to remain up to date on all stakeholder changes from the government to benefit providers and everyone in between. I have found fulfillment when I have aided someone in knowing how to read their pay slips and guiding them understanding their rights as an employee.

May 28, 2023 at 10:00
      • Stacey Wood PCPStacey Wood PCP
        Advocates Council

I love working with data (I think in spreadsheets) but also love to help others. Payroll provides opportunity for both!

May 29, 2023 at 14:58
        • Harman Dhatt PCPHarman Dhatt PCP
          Member since Sep 2022

Payroll profession is the one where you have to be detail oriented and no chances of mistakes. As you are handling employee pay. I love working in payroll and HR.

May 31, 2023 at 18:56
          • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
            Member since Apr 2022

I actually fell into this accidentally. I was given an opportunity at work to move teams and to learn Payroll. I love to challenge myself and thrive on continual learning so I jumped at the chance. I enjoy understanding and working with all the intricacies of the business and staff, and it has given me a better understanding of my own personal finances as well (a great side benefit). I am also very thankful to work for an organization that encourages employee development.

June 8, 2023 at 08:50
            • Trina Anderson, PCPTrina Anderson, PCP
              Member since Aug 2022

I love accounting and helping others. I love the challenge of ensuring payroll is accurate and entered in a timely manner. Most of all, I truly enjoy helping others understand their pay, their benefits, etc. Payroll/HR is always evolving, always interesting…never a dull moment.

June 13, 2023 at 21:34
              • Michelle HarrisMichelle Harris
                Member since Sep 2022

Payroll definitely chose me but I really enjoy not having a dull day!!!!

July 7, 2023 at 12:15
                • Martina Heine, PLPMartina Heine, PLP
                  Member since Sep 2022

Same response as Michelle’s. Somehow Payroll chose me!!

August 4, 2023 at 17:00
                  • Shelene GlunzShelene Glunz
                    Member since Sep 2022

Our company changed hands and went through a couple years of restructuring. During these changes, I have managed to bounce from department to department as my positions were either moved across the border or dissolved. When payroll popped up, they offered me the position. Payroll is by far my passion. I love the challenges, opportunity for continual education and my team rocks. I can definitely get my geek on over all things payroll. Ever changing and learning 🙂

September 7, 2023 at 15:54
                    • The topic ‘Payroll/HR career’ is closed to new replies.