Introduction to Accounting – NPI

• Lidia DupuitLidia Dupuit
    Member since Apr 2022

Hello,
      Iā€™m in the process of getting my Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) designation with the National Payroll Institute. I’d like to know if anyone could share where you completed the course “Introduction to Accounting”. I’m having a hard time finding an online course.
      Thank you!

September 21, 2023 at 16:29
    • Stacey Wood PCPStacey Wood PCP
      Advocates Council

Hi Lidia,

I took my Intro to Accounting online through Algonquin College. The whole database of post-secondary options also recognized by NPI is here: https://payroll.ca/database-of-colleges-and-universities . From there, click the drop-down menu & select Algonquin College (or other, as you prefer).

Hope this helps & good luck!

September 25, 2023 at 10:35
      • Stacey Wood PCPStacey Wood PCP
        Advocates Council

Hi again!

If you go to Algonquin’s online course list, you can search the available courses & see what matches with the courses NPI will accept: https://www.algonquincollege.com/online/courses/list/all/

September 25, 2023 at 10:57
        • Community ManagerCommunity Manager
          Community Manager

Thank you for the tip, Stacey šŸ‘šŸ‘Œ

September 26, 2023 at 15:10
          • Karen StevensKaren Stevens
            Member since Sep 2022

Hello Lidia,

I also completed the PCP certification a while back. I took the Accounting Course through The Nova Scotia Community College.

You got this,
              Karen

September 29, 2023 at 13:09
            • Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
              Advocates Council

I took my intro to accounting course online through Thompson Rivers University.

Good luck!

September 29, 2023 at 15:14
              • Harman Dhatt PCPHarman Dhatt PCP
                Member since Sep 2022

I completed it through BCIT. You can join online classes. The teachers are very good.

September 29, 2023 at 16:14
                • Amy LoAmy Lo
                  Member since Sep 2022

https://www.senecacollege.ca/ssos/find/ACC120/current/ce
                    I would recommend doing the subject online or in class at any college close to your home or work place, possibly where you will take other relevant courses e.g. Management Accounting, Organizational Behaviour, Design & Admin of compensation plans if you will continue with PLP (Payroll Leadership Professional) program. Doing all the subjects at the same place close to your home or workplace will make it easier for you to attend classes/exams also provide the convenience to have all your academic records centralize at one location for easier retrieval of records for certification. Hope this helps

September 29, 2023 at 16:43
                  • Lisa LocherLisa Locher
                    Member since Sep 2022

I took the Accounting Courses through NAIT – Continuing Education evening classes. However, that was a very long time ago.

September 30, 2023 at 22:24
                    • Community ManagerCommunity Manager
                      Community Manager

Great options! Thank you all!

October 2, 2023 at 09:56
                      • Lidia DupuitLidia Dupuit
                        Member since Apr 2022

Thank you all for your help! šŸ™‚

October 3, 2023 at 10:28
                        • Heather ShawHeather Shaw
                          Member since May 2022

University of Athabasca. You can take all the non-payroll courses there and, should you decide to later on, can continue and complete your entire Business Degree. They have both 3 year and 4 year options. Good luck!!

October 3, 2023 at 16:45
                          • Pam OnciulPam Onciul
                            Member since Jun 2022

Hello! Not sure if it matters which province you are in but I’m pretty sure Bow Valley (Alberta) Continuing Education has a course you can take for that. I’m currently working on my PLP and am taking my 3rd course with Bow Valley (accounting course). It’s with the continuing ed so there are no other student fees (which I found some other places have). You can take them on line, at your own pace (you have 16 weeks to complete). Might be worth checking out.

October 10, 2023 at 12:50
                            • Cathy GeorgeCathy George
                              Member since Jun 2022

I took my intro to accounting course through Thompsons River University.

Good luck to you!

October 12, 2023 at 15:30
                              • Cathy StinzianoCathy Stinziano
                                Member since Apr 2022

Hi Lidia, here is a link to online accounting courses through Fanshawe College in London, Ontario:

https://www.fanshawec.ca/programs-and-courses/ce-courses/acct-1089-accounting-basics-1

October 24, 2023 at 11:57
                                • Shoshi VaxmanShoshi Vaxman
                                  Member since Oct 2023

thank you for sharing the courses

November 22, 2023 at 11:05
                                  • The topic ‘Introduction to Accounting – NPI’ is closed to new replies.