How important are mentorship programs? Have you benefited from being either a mentor or mentee?

• George YangGeorge Yang
    Community Manager
      July 3, 2024 at 09:00
    • Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
      Advocates Council

I think it is very useful to be able to ask someone who has already ‘been there, done that’. To learn from others experience is valuable insight. Unfortunately, I have not personally benefited from a formal mentor, but I have benefited from various chat groups and communities of similar professions.

July 3, 2024 at 09:41
      • Jackie BeynenJackie Beynen
        Member since Apr 2022

I think mentorship programs can be invaluable. I had a boss who I consider a mentor. When I started working toward a leadership role we had lots of discussions on how to handle situations, how to get your team motivated and such and how to develop my career. She was very supportive and lead by example. I was truly lucky to get to work with her for more than a decade.

July 9, 2024 at 11:29
        • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
          Member since Apr 2022

I think a mentorship program can be very valuable. It helps someone new to the organization or new to the role integrate more seamlessly, provide them with a level of comfort, and offer them an invaluable resource. I have not had a formal mentor but there have been many senior staff that have offered me advice, training, and support and helped to shape my professional experience.

July 18, 2024 at 13:23
          • Elena NiculaeElena Niculae
            Member since Jul 2024

Having mentors has been a critical part of my success throughout my career. I had mentors both informally – people I met in various circumstances, and formally, through a mentorship program. Regardless of how I found them, all my mentors guided me professionally and personally. They provided me with valuable feedback and guidance, challenged me to grow, and celebrated my successes with me.

Because of the great impact mentors made on my professional development, I felt the need to give back in the same way. For close to two decades, I mentored HR professionals at various stages of their careers and supported them to learn, achieve their goals, and become more impactful through their work.

So to answer the question, mentorship programs are very important if done well. And one key element is to have a program manager with positive firsthand experience in mentoring. Otherwise, a program designed solely on theoretical knowledge risks being superficial.

July 23, 2024 at 17:12
            • Tony Oyadina CHRP, RPR,PMP®Tony Oyadina CHRP, RPR,PMP®
              Member since Jul 2024

Immensely benefited from being a mentee. Experience is very invaluable and it is always nice to have some sort of guidance and direction in your career.Even peer chat groups can help broaden your horizon and you avoid making errors/mistakes based on other peoples experience who have candidly shared same with you.It also helps to make the newcomer to the organization feel welcome and provides a career path within the organization.

July 25, 2024 at 10:32
              • Lawrence RosalesLawrence Rosales
                Member since Jul 2024

If you’re looking for a reliable forex accounts, check out xChief! They offer various account types to suit different trading needs, including Cent, Standard, and ECN accounts. With tight spreads from 0 pips and leverage up to 1:1000, xChief provides excellent trading conditions. Plus, they support MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms. Learn more at xChief!

September 1, 2024 at 01:58