Enhanced CPP

• Caitlin Henderson, PCPCaitlin Henderson, PCP
    Advocates Council

Are you communicating the changes to CPP to all employees? if so, how are you communicating these changes?

January 2, 2024 at 10:17
    • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
      Member since Apr 2022

We haven’t created a communication plan for this change to employees. It’s probably a good idea to do so because I am sure most of them aren’t aware of what the changes are and how it impacts their pay. I’m curious to see how others respond to this question.

January 2, 2024 at 14:34
      • Kirsty MaddenKirsty Madden
        Member since Jun 2022

We haven’t communicated to our staff, agree it’s probably a good idea…however, I also think most people just don’t pay attention to their taxes until it comes time to file them. They just see if they max out during the year or not (and often, they don’t even notice that). And for those who generally don’t max out, it wouldn’t impact them anyway. In the end, I think communicating the changes directly to our staff would actually create more confusion and generate a lot of questions.

January 3, 2024 at 08:44
          • Denise BurnettDenise Burnett
            Member since Apr 2022

You’re probably right Kirsty. For the people that won’t be impacted, communicating a change might just create confusion and prompt a lot of unnecessary concerns and questions. Maybe it would be best just to communicate with staff that you know will be directly impacted (with higher salaries) and provide them with a link to the CRA website where it explains the changes, so they can read up on it if they want more clarification.

January 3, 2024 at 09:16
              Advocates Council

Thank you for your insights, I was also leaning towards only the higher salaries. It is a fine line between educating and adding to the chaos 😊

January 3, 2024 at 10:15
              Advocates Council

I used the the article here on the 17th floor as well as the memo from the NPI called “CPP-Memo-To-Employees” to create my own memo to employees and only emailed it to the impacted ones. I received only positive feedback, thanking me for the useful information. Hopefully your communication goes well too!

https://hcmdialogue.ca/articles/comprehensive-guide-of-the-new-canada-pension-plan-enhancement-ecpp/

January 5, 2024 at 10:41
              • The topic ‘Enhanced CPP’ is closed to new replies.