Tracy OlesTracy Oles
Member since Sep 2022

I have been working from home since March 2020. It was a bit of a rough road at first, ensuring I had all the necessary tools I needed, and was really a godsend in May of 2020 as I was in an ATV accident where I fractured my pelvis among other injuries and if I hadn’t been able to work from home, I would have had to take a great deal of time off, with no back up at that point, and again a year ago I managed to fall off a 2ft ladder and fracture the same pelvic bone and again thankful I was still working from home! (one of my kids bought me a big package of bubble wrap for Christmas to wrap myself in:))
    I find I am more productive from home as I don’t have coworkers in my office chatting, however that is also the part that I do miss sometimes, so now I go into the office at least one morning a week. Over the years in office, I had built and maintained so many great relationships with staff throughout the organization, but now from home the last 3.5 years, I haven’t established as many of those relationships with the new hires in that time period, and at times feel like I am missing that. On the flip side, my overall feeling is that working from home has given me a better work life balance, as I can flex hours if needed and am not worried that if I have personal/family things that need to be tended to, that I would fall behind in work.

September 14, 2023 at 13:05