Kathryn HillKathryn Hill
Advocates Council

    Cathy, I worked with share purchase plans many years ago and your steps above sound reasonable. What I might do is talk to your internal finance tax/audit department for their interpretation of the CRA rules. I sometimes talked things like this over with external auditors if you are comfortable with that. You can always reach out to CRA or NPI infoline if you have a specific question.

    August 5, 2023 at 01:06